Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Blue Tomato finished (finally)

Sorry about the photo (took it myself!)... But you get the idea. I started this waaaaayyy back in July! Or was it June? I used just over 3 skeins of Cotton-Ease in Lake, and a small amount of 1 skein of Maize. The cotton-ease is actually quite nice, but I do wish they had more vibrant colors. This was my first try at stranded knitting, and I think I need a bit more practice! I can see the areas where I pulled the yarn too tightly (I'm a thrower, but I tried continental for the last few rows to speed things up). I could also use some practice picking up stitches, which I did rather inconsistently around the collar. All in all....it did go quickly, considering the time I put in. And I'm ready for another sweater!

3 comments:

Kristina B said...

Wow - and what's the problem with the photo?!

Try the Intoxicating next. ;)

Love the colour and the look. Will trade you my purple tomato for that one!

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Your tomato looks great! Good job on your first try at stranded knitting :)

Karin said...

Shtop it already! It's fabulous!! Congratulations. :)